Staying home is always fun when you need to recharge, especially with the wet and windy weather approaching. But too much of a good thing can become tiresome, so here are some suggestions for you to keep yourself busy for the remainder of the longest year of our lives.
Play like a pro
Bored together with your flatmates? Let the games begin!
- Quick fire rounds like Dobble
- Medium length battles – Articulate, Chameleon
- All day combat – Scrabble, Cluedo
Don’t have your collection to hand? Throwback to car journey time-passers
- I Spy – What does it begin with? Guess until you get it right!
- 21 Questions – Think of an animal and your opponent has 21 questions to figure out who it is (remember, you can only answer with ‘yes’ or ‘no’).
On your own? Try a crossword puzzle, brain teaser or head to the Play/App Store and download some games.
Lose yourself in a good book
Escape from reality with a novel, or broaden your mind with a candid and revealing non-fiction account.
Some of the latest top reads:
- The boy, the mole, the fox and the horse (Charles Mackesy)
- The beekeeper of Aleppo (Christy Lefteri)
- A life on our planet (David Attenborough)
Whether it’s watching cute animal videos on Youtube, learning the latest dance on TikTok, or an innocent binge of a great series on the likes of Amazon, Netflix or Apple TV. There’s endless ways to break your day up and get a quick TV fix.
Remember, make sure to not let bingeing become an unhealthy habit by taking breaks, getting some sunlight, and staying hydrated
Learn something new
More studying we hear you cry?! Well, it may seem like overkill, but filling spare time to learn something new can be very rewarding, and may even end up as a great addition to your CV!
Why not try:
- Learning a language through Duolingo
- Taking an online course
- Learning a new software
- Learning a new skill through YouTube tutorials
Use what’s around you, look online for inspiration, consider all materials…
- Brighten your windowsill and grow your own potted plants?
- Upcycle something you’re about to throw away in to something new and beautiful
- Create a collage from your photos
- Start a blog on a topic your passionate about
We know right, what’s that? Exercising can be done from inside your room – even without high class gym equipment.
- Find a yoga master on youtube and learn some new stretches
- Start a body weight workout, to keep your heart rate up and burn some calories
Bring the outdoors in!
- Museums are running online tours, go on a cultural exploration and see what’s on offer.
- Tour a museum abroad without setting foot on a plane – fabulous!
- Attend an online concert or play. You can find these through streaming platforms like Netflix, or being live streamed by the artists themselves on social media.
- Take a talk of the zoo… without leaving the flat!